Saturday, August 8, 2009

Introduction

Hi. My name is Mark Nagel. I am currently studying photography at Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara, CA and loving every minute of it. I have started this blog to try and communicate some fundamentals of photography in an way that is easy to understand for someone of any skill level who would like to develop their photography further. Here are a couple of things that have lead to the writing of this blog.

1. Prior to starting school I found it to be relatively hard to discover internet sources that would help me understand the basic fundamentals of photography that I might then be able to build on with more technical, as well as creative, learning. This is what I want to offer here.

2. Since I've started school, my family and friends, specifically those that are even remotely interested in understanding how to take better photographs, have been not only asking me for advise and expertise that would help them learn (which I am always MORE than happy to give!), but also what resources they can go to online to learn the basics as mentioned above. I didn't know where to send them. And, well guys... this is now your source.

3. As I am back in school and now have a 2 month old, I am very hopeful that this bog will eventually generate even a small amount of income. If it generates enough, combined with my photography for sale on istock, dreamstime, fololia, and alamy (all microstock agencies), and my current job, my wife may just be able to stay home with the kid and not have to go back to work. But we'll just have to see how this thing goes... worth a shot, right??

Thanks for stopping by and please come back soon and often to start learning about photography. And please, PLEASE, especially if you find the information herein useful, tell your friends to stop by and take a look.

Thanks!
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment